Monday, October 20, 2008

I should be good at posting these by now...


Here is another example of my prowess with imovie. I truly love imovie, and my love for it has only increased in the past few weeks as I have been forced to teach using movie maker, which is just clearly inferior to imovie for many reasons. Anyhow, I used a poem by Leslie Adrienne MILLER, not RICH, as I say in the audio, but I was too tired to re-record, re-mix, etc. So, I left it. Forgive me Ms. Miller, if you see this, I am very sorry! 

Other than that, for a more detailed version of this type of thing, please again refer to my digital literacy projects from last February. They are the same type of thing. I think I am going to have students do something like this during our poetry unit in December, just in time for Christmas. The wiki has been a big hit; but I do think that people are "underwhelmed" by the quality of the videos and wiki pages, a charge to which I offer the following defense: we had seven days from start to finish, which includes not only writing, but learning all of the technology as well. I believe that next time we use the wiki (hopefully in a couple of weeks) we will work more on the writing aspect as opposed to the digital aspect, which kind of consumed us this last time. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the post, and please check out my class's wiki at www.7thgradenorthcore.pbwiki.com. 

No comments: